Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who is MamaShark? And Why?

Who?
Just a regular Mom in a midwestern city. I have some children, a husband, a moderately successful career - just like most politicians, although alas I have not yet been named as a Vice Presidential candidate.

Why?
Because I have a daughter. And that woman who has been named as a Vice Presidential candidate is against abortion in the case of rape. Which means that my daughter, should she ever be unfortunate to have that terrible thing happen, would be FORCED TO BEAR THE CHILD OF HER RAPIST if the Republicans have their way. They want the government to force girls to bear the children of their rapists. Incredible, but true. Just ask Sarah Palin.

So after yelling at my father, who says he DOES NOT believe that girls should be forced to bear the children of their rapists, but who nevertheless DOES support Sarah Palin, what can I do? (Family-wise, that's a tough one. How do you deal with a family member who claims to love your children but who neverthless supports politicians whose policies could lead to your children's great harm? But that is a personal question and not the topic of this blog.)

I am starting this blog because I am a Mom and I have a daughter, and here is my message to Sarah Palin - hands off. You watch your dauther, I will watch mine. Her body is my business until it is her business, and it will never be your business or the government's business.

I'm just your average liberal Mom who will fight for my kids forever. That's why they call me MamaShark, because I defend my young.

MamaShark

No comments: